Marketplace at Tech Center Announce September Store Grand Openings
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – (September 2015) – Starbucks and BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse have officially opened for business at the Marketplace at Tech Center. The 250,000-square-foot retail center is part of Tech Center, a 100-acre mixed-use development in Newport News. Marketplace at Tech Center will offer a distinct blend of retail and boutique shops, casual and fine dining and year-round recreation.
New restaurant, retail and service offerings are on the horizon with ambitious plans for multiple grand openings over the next two months.
“We are so pleased to see this emerge as a shopping and dining destination,” said John Lawson, CEO of W.M. Jordan. “This is the first phase of Tech Center, and we anticipate drawing people from the Peninsula and beyond to experience the wide range of offerings.”
“We’ve worked really hard to bring unique and new-to-the-Peninsula restaurants and retailers to the Marketplace at Tech Center,” said Jeff Garrison with S.J. Collins. “Some of these restaurants are going to blow people’s minds in Hampton Roads. This is the first restaurant in the region for Café Rio. Other locations on the West Coast and in Northern Virginia have lines out the door for their hand-made tortillas and all fresh ingredients.”
- BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse - Pub fare with an extensive list of house brews, * first in region
- Starbucks - Roasting the highest quality arabica coffee on the planet
Restaurants Opening in September
- Cafe Rio - Nation’s #1 made-from-scratch Mexican restaurant, *first in region
- Jimmy Johns - Sandwich restaurant specializing in delivery
- Zoe’s Kitchen - Mediterranean-inspired grill with fresh fruits and vegetables
- PF Chang’s - Bold, fresh Asian-inspired cuisine with a modern twist
- Mellow Mushroom - Fresh stone-baked pizzas in an eclectic, art-filled environment
Retail Openings in September
- DSW - Dress, casual and athletic shoes, and handbags
- Conte’s Bike Shop - Rated one of America’s best bike shops
- ULTA - Cosmetics and fragrances
- Carter’s/OshKosh - Baby and kids’ colorful clothing and accessories
- Mattress Firm - Spring, memory foam and adjustable mattresses
- Five Below - Everything is $5 or less
- Hi-Ho Silver - Engravable and fashion-forward jewelry
- Hair Cuttery - Unisex hair salon
More restaurants and stores are slated to open in October. To track the progress, visit www.techcenterva.com, and like the Facebook page for invitations to grand openings and special events at the Marketplace at Tech Center.
Tech Center, at the corner of Oyster Point Road and Jefferson Avenue in Newport News, is being developed by W.M. Jordan. The concept is a hybrid that fuses the best components of today’s research parks and innovation districts to create a new, unique environment. The partners in Tech Center provide an opportunity to collaborate, exchange ideas and serve as an incubator for high-tech industries. Components include the 50-acre Tech Center Research Park, Marketplace at Tech Center and residential offerings on the 100-acre site. S.J. Collins is the joint-venture developer of the Marketplace at Tech Center. The $450 million Tech Center is projected to create more than 5,500 new jobs in Newport News.
- See more at: http://techcenterva.com/marketplace-at-tech-center-september-store-grand...